slides: Party Report: Symphony’s Showalter Feted at Gentleman-Callers Dinner
Wednesday, December 17, 2014
It was an opportunity for local influencers to meet the man who will likely have the greatest influence on the Oregon Symphony over the coming years.
Oregon Symphony hired Showalter earlier this year to become the president and chief executive officer of this august Portland institution. Showalter, who came to Portland at the suggestion of Lauderdale, was previously a major fundraiser for the Los Angeles Philharmonic.
Those gathered to dine at the Jaffe/King home with Showalter included Oregon Ballet Theatre's Kevin Irving, Metropolitan's Youth Symphony's Andres Lopera, Portland State University's Dean of College of the Arts Robert Bucker, Travel Portland's Jeff Miller, and dancers Minh Tran, Eric Skinner and Daniel Kirk among others.
The evening affair featuring drinks and a casual dinner of Ceaser salad, a rice and bread dish and giant prawns and capped off by two cakes covered in coconut.
Banner photo of Scott Showalter, Bob Speltz and Andres Lopera by Byron Beck.
Related Slideshow: Symphony’s Showalter Feted at Gentleman-Callers Dinner
Whitebird's Walter Jaffe and Paul King, joined by their bird/company mascot Barney, and Thomas Lauderdale and Bob Speltz hosted a very special Pop-Up Gentleman-Callers Dinner Party for Scott Showalter, the new President of Oregon Symphony.
- Party Report: Ain’t Misbehavin’ Benefit for German American School
- Party Report: Albertina Kerr Community Awards Luncheon With Storm Large
- Party Report: Back To The Garden With Pink Martini & Friends
- Party Report: Basic Rights Oregon’s “Ignite” at Art Museum
- Party Report: Celebrating Women in Culinary Arts on St. Catherine’s Day
- Party Report: Content 2014 at Ace Hotel Portland
- Party Report: Equity Foundation at University Club
- Party Report: GoLocalPDX Top 25 New Cool Party at Spirit of 77
- Party Report: GRIMM Cast at No Kid Hungry Dinner at Irving St. Kitchen
- Party Report: La Femme Wows Crowd (and Romanian Church-Goers) at Oregon Convention Center
- Party Report: Morel Ink and PICA Holiday Parties
- Party Report: Opening Night of PCS’s Dreamgirls