Spotted in Portland: Elizabeth Banks at Blazers Game
Monday, December 01, 2014
But they are not usually as high profile a sighting as the one that happened over this particular holiday weekend.
Yes, that was Hunger Games actress Elizabeth Banks courtside at the Moda Center for the Blazers game on Friday night.
According to an interview she did in 2011 for ThePostGame.com Banks said her husband, Max Handelman, "is a diehard Portland Trail Blazer fan."
The actress known for her roles in such films as Seabiscuit, The 40-Year-Old Virgin, Definitely, Maybe, People Like Us, Pitch Perfect and as "Effie Trinket" in the Hunger Games series tweeted her appreciation for her time at the game to LaMarcus Aldridge with the following tweet: "Fun seeing you play @aldridge_12 thanks for a fun night in #RipCity @trailblazers."
Banks pretty much #broketheinternet—at least in Portland—with that particular tweet as it seemed everyone inside and outside the arena made sure to make the A-list actress felt right at home in Portland.
- Spotted in Portland: Breaking Bad’s Anna Gunn
- Spotted In Portland: Bill Cosby and Anton Yelchin
- Spotted In Portland: GZA at evo Opening Party in SE Portland
- Spotted in Portland: Jerry Seinfeld and Fred Armisen
- Spotted In Portland: Joe Biden at Salt and Straw
- Spotted In Portland: Kanye West at Adidas in North Portland
- Spotted In Portland: Karl Urban & Katee Sackhoff at Koi Fusion
- Spotted in Portland: LeBron James and Alyson Hannigan
- Spotted In Portland: Nick Jonas
- Spotted In Portland: Oklahoma City Thunder’s Kevin Durant
- Spotted In Portland: Olympian Greg Louganis at Queer Film Festival
- Spotted In Portland: Patrick Stewart at Noble Rot Restaurant
- Spotted in Portland: Steve Buscemi at The Daily Grill
- Spotted In Portland: Tiger Woods at El Gaucho
- Spotted In Portland: Pee-Wee Herman & Candy Spelling