20 Places to Watch the Timbers in the MLS Cup
Saturday, December 05, 2015
Since the Timbers will battle for the championship on the road, we here at GoLocal figured that fans would need some good places to watch the game. We compiled 20 of the best sports bars in Portland where you can be sure to have a good time while you watch the Timbers fight for the cup.
While some die-hard fans will surely have their lucky venues or favorite game-time spots, we encourage you to get out and try a new place. Most importantly, make sure to make plenty of noise and support your hometown team.
SEE SLIDES BELOW: 20 Places to Watch the Timbers in the MLS Cup
Related Slideshow: 20 Places to Watch the Timbers in the MLS Cup
Yur's Bar and Grill
Yur's is a spacious neighborhood bar for the Northwest Portland crowd. Just a few blocks from the shopping strips of Northwest 21st and Northwest 23rd Avenues, Yur’s Tavern may be in the land of beautiful people, but don’t let that fool you. Yur’s is what keeps that neighborhood “real” and with plenty of space, big screen TVs and cheap booze it will certainly be keeping it that.
Yur's Bar & Grill is located at 717 NW 16th Ave.
There is a Blitz on Hawthorne Street, but if you’re going to Hawthorne, check out the spot a little later on this list- there is no substitute. Blitz in the Pearl is a run of the mill Sports bar - cheap food and drinks (especially for the Pearl), a TV in every direction and plenty of other fans.
Blitz Pearl is located at 110 NW 10th Ave.
The Cadillac of Sport’s bars. If you can get there early enough to grab a swivel chair at the bar, you’re in luck. If not, there is plenty of other- less luxurious- seating as well as a pool table and heated patio for halftime.
Katie O' Brien's is located at 2809 NE Sandy Blvd.
Sick of seeing beards and flannel? Wanna see some leather jackets and hair gel? Rialto Room is, first and foremost, a pool hall. They also have an off-track betting kiosk next door. I’m sure if you wanted to make the game a little more interesting, you could meet some obliging folks. Even if you’re not betting, there are plenty of TVs and it’s a good place to watch the game if you’re not adverse to the smell of Axe.
Rialto Room is located at 529 SW 4th Ave.
- Timbers One Game Away From Champions League Quarterfinals
- Timbers Look To Control Playoff Destiny
- Timbers Record 3rd Consecutive Victory
- Timbers Shift Into Playoff Contention
- Timbers Tally Victory In Stoppage Time
- Timbers Take 3-1 Victory in First Leg of Conference Championship
- Timbers Headed to MLS Final
- Timbers Eliminate Sounders From the U.S. Open Cup
- The Timbers And Whitecaps Draw at 1-1
- The Portland Timbers’ Guide to the Final Week of MLS
- The Timbers Dismantle The Sounders
- Timbers Better Buckle Down
- Timbers Draw LA Galaxy 2-2 with 90th Minute Mayhem
- Timbers Cruise Past the Houston Dynamo
- Timbers v. Alpha United: A Chance To Advance
- What Portland Timbers Coach Caleb Porter Needs To Do In Year 3
- What Is Happening To The Portland Timbers?
- What To Watch For From The Portland Timbers
- Who Deserves The Captain’s Armband: Timbers v. Earthquakes
- Will Fanendo Adi’s Struggles Doom the Portland Timbers?
- Why The Timbers Won’t Make the 2014 Playoffs
- What Does “Targeted Allocation Money” Mean for the Timbers?
- What Does Signing Lucas Melano Mean for the Portland Timbers?
- Timbers vs. Real Salt Lake: 3 Things We Learned From The Game
- Timbers v. Earthquakes: Three Things We Learned
- Timbers vs. Real Salt Lake: 3 Things We Learned From The Timbers’ 0-0 Draw
- Timbers vs. San Jose Earthquakes: Three Things To Watch
- Timbers’ Offensive Firepower Balanced by Defensive Woes
- The Portland Timbers and Why We Love Sports
- Standing (And Flying) with the Timbers Army
- How Should the Portland Timbers Use a Healthy Diego Valeri?
- How Could The U.S Men’s National Team Benefit From Portland Timbers’ Darlington Nagbe?
- How They Stand: Portland Timbers Update
- Jack Jewsbury: Timbers Fans Are Key to Soccer Team’s Success
- PBOT Urges Timbers Fans to Bike, Walk, or Take TriMet to March 7 Game
- Numbers to Know: Timbers v. Real Salt Lake
- Game Preview: Portland Timbers vs. New York Red Bulls
- Five Thoughts On The Timbers’ Schedule
- Bumps and Bruises Will Define Portland Timbers’ Early Slate
- Championship Bound: The Portland Timbers’ Best 10 Wins This Season
- Defensive Lapses Doom Timbers
- Diego Valeri’s Back: What does it mean for the Portland Timbers?
- Diego Valeri Steps Up For The Timbers
- Portland Timbers Draw on the Road Against San Jose
- Portland Timbers Draw Opener, Provide Flashes Of Better Things To Come
- Portland Timbers Western Conference Finals Preview – Will Johnson’s Final Stand?
- Portland Timbers vs. San Jose Earthquakes: Match Preview
- Portland Timbers’ Report Card: Who Excelled and Who Flunked?
- Portland Timbers: Highlights And Lowlights So Far This Season
- Spotted In Portland: Patrick Stewart is a Timbers Fan
- Ronaldinho Heading to MLS: Could He Be the Portland Timbers’ New Designated Player?
- Portland Timbers Unable To Capture Second Victory
- Portland Timbers Switch Up Lineup, Smash Seattle
- Portland Timbers Fall To Their Northwest Rivals
- Portland Timbers Fall to the Vancouver Whitecaps
- Portland Timbers Hit Rock Bottom In Honduras
- Portland Timbers Just Can’t Seem to Get Out of Their Own Way
- Portland Timbers Sign Lucas Melano
- Portland Timbers Pick Up Michael Seaton From D.C. United
- 11 Moments that Led the Portland Timbers to the Brink of a Title