U.S. Economy Adds 312,000 Jobs in December
Friday, January 04, 2019
This comes after Wall Street projected that job numbers would increase 177,000 in the month.
According to the Bureau, the unemployment rate went up in part because 142,000 people quit their job and began looking for a new one.
2018 A Good Year for Jobs
The year 2018 was a good one for job creation.
The economy added 2.6 million jobs and ended with a labor participation rate of 63.1%.
Average hourly earnings rose 11 cents to $27.48 and increased 84 cents since December of 2017.
- The Most Popular $150K Jobs
- The Notorious 8: Jobs We Hate You For Doing
- The 28 Most Stressful Jobs
- Portlanders Quitting Their Jobs is a Good Sign for the Economy
- Portland’s Middle-Income Jobs in Decline, Says Study
- U.S. Adds 250K Jobs in October, Unemployment Stays at 3.7%
- U.S. Economy Adds 160,000 Jobs in April
- What Jobs You Would Need to Afford These 25 Portland Neighborhoods
- Why Unemployment and Jobs in Oregon are Both on the Rise
- US Economy Adds Roughly 292,000 Jobs in December
- United States Adds 242,000 Jobs in February
- U.S. Economy Adds 312,000 Jobs in December
- Portland Ranks Among Cities With Most White-Collar Jobs
- Portland is 4th Fastest Growing City for Tech Jobs
- Instacart Expands Service in Salem, Adds 100 Jobs