UN Ambassador Nikki Haley Resigns
Tuesday, October 09, 2018
According to reports, Haley resigned directly to President Donald Trump.
Prior to serving on the UN, Haley served as the 116th Governor of South Carolina, and the South Carolina House of Representatives.
She was the first female governor of South Carolina, and the second Indian-American, after Bobby Jindal, to serve as a governor in the United States.
In November of 2016, Haley was tapped as ambassador to the UN after Trump’s election win even though she supported Florida Senator Marco Rubio and then Texas Senator Ted Cruz.
Haley was confirmed by the Senate in a 96–4 vote and was sworn in on January 25, 2017.
In 2016, Haley was named among "The 100 Most Influential People" by Time magazine.
- Sunday Political Brunch: Trump’s First Year Report Card—January 21, 2018
- The Trump Foreign Policy Doctrine May Be Taking Shape - Sunday Political Brunch April 29
- Sunday Political Brunch: President Trump Had a Roller Coaster Week—November 5, 2017
- Sunday Political Brunch: Is President Trump Undermining Himself?—October 15, 2017
- Sunday Political Brunch: Is President Trump Getting a Bounce?—September 24, 2017
- Time’s Person of the Year - Donald Trump
- Trump & Sanders Win Big in New Hampshire
- Trump Has Early Lead in Oregon—But Will It Last?
- Trump Leads Clinton for 1st Time in General Election Poll
- Trump Campaign Signals Potential Shift on Immigration Stance
- Trump Believes Obama Was Born in U.S.
- Trump and North Korea: Expert at Naval War College in Newport Weighs In
- Sunday Political Brunch—Will Florida Mark the End of Trump Presidency? - August 20, 2017
- Sunday Political Brunch—October 22 - Could There be a “Trump Effect” in 2018?
- NEW: Arrest Reports Released From Nov. 21 Anti-Trump Protest in Portland
- NEW: President Trump Signs Executive Order Ending Family Separation
- New Poll: Millennials Would Rather Have Meteor Strike Than Vote for Trump or Clinton
- National Assoc. of Black Law Enforcement Officers Blast Trump for Pardoning Arpaio
- McCain Calls Trump’s Meeting & Press Conference With Putin “Disgraceful”