slides: Party Report: Oregon Actors Awards at BodyVox
Tuesday, October 14, 2014
Many of the nominees at Sunday night's Awards Show spend the bulk of their free time training other actors, creating new opportunities, and networking to make Oregon a world-class production center. Oregon actors appear in national network and cable series, major motion pictures, local independent films, web series, short films, digital media and commercials.
SLIDESHOW: See more photos from Oregon Actor Awards below.
This year's award recipients included Danny Bruno, a series regular on "GRIMM"; Jana Lee Hamblin, an accomplished actor with several "Portlandia" guest appearances; Kendall Wells, whose stunt skills have landed him roles on "GRIMM", "The Hunted," and "The Librarians"; Dennis Troutman of Option Model and Media, for his commitment to supporting local talent; and the very first Megann Ratzow 'Above and Beyond' Award recipient Harold Phillips, who is not only an accomplished actor, but a dedicated champion fair working conditions for Oregon talent.
Thanks were given to the presenting sponsor, Koerner Camera Systems, and partner sponsors The Governor's Office of Film and Television, SAG-AFTRA, PATA and APP-NW. All of the ticket sales were donated to PATA's Valentine Fund, which provides financial assistance to members of the Portland-area theatre community in times of medical or personal emergency. Last night the event raised over $900 for the fund.
Seen even more photos from the Oregon Actor Awards here.
Related Slideshow: Oregon Actors Awards at BodyVox
The Oregon Actors Awards, at BodyVox on Sunday night, was a celebration of Oregon-based on-camera talent and the people, agencies and services that provide them support. The awards are as much about service to the community as they are about the craft of acting.
- 50 Biggest Stars Born, Raised, Have Lived or Are Currently Living in Oregon
- 20 Celebrities You May Not Know Have Ties To Oregon
- From PDX to LA: The Hollywood Reporter’s Stacey Wilson-Hunt
- Party Report: Back To The Garden With Pink Martini & Friends
- Party Report: Basic Rights Oregon’s “Ignite” at Art Museum
- Party Report: Opening Night of PCS’s Dreamgirls
- Party Report: Portland Film Festival Opening Night and Party
- Picturelandia? 100 Movies Made In Oregon