Portland General Electric Names Kaner New General Counsel
Tuesday, June 20, 2017
"Lisa is a talented and proven legal expert. Her leadership and many strategic accomplishments -- combined with her knowledge of PGE and regulatory issues -- distinguished her as the right person to lead our talented legal, internal audit and FERC compliance teams,” said Jim Piro, president and CEO.
Kaner will replace Jay Dudley, PGE’s current general counsel and corporate compliance officer, who will retire at the end of June after almost 30 years with PGE.
Prior to joining PGE, Kaner spent more than 28 years as an attorney with the Portland business litigation firm Markowitz Herbold PC. There she oversaw some of the firm’s most complex and legally demanding cases.
Kaner has been honored for being one of the region's most influential business women and recognized for her public service by the Oregon State Bar.
She is an active member of the community where she has coached the Lincoln High School Constitution Team and the Jefferson High School Mock Trial Team.
Kaner earned her bachelor's degree in European history from the University of Pennsylvania, where she graduated cum laude, and her Juris Doctor from Villanova University School of Law, where she graduated magna cum laude.
Related Slideshow: The 25 Highest Paid Executives of the Wealthiest Non-Profits in Portland
Name: Everett Newcomb III
Other Compensation: $323,602
Total Compensation: $877,994
- Portland Winterhawks: “Daylight Classics” Good for Business, Good for Record
- Portland State Business Accelerator Wins Top Honors for Tech Startups
- Portland Set to Host International Cannabis Business Conference
- Portland Ranks Poorly for Women Owned Businesses
- Price Fluctuations Threaten to Drive Marijuana Growers Out of Business
- PSU President Wiewel’s Consulting Business is Unique Among University Presidents
- Saul Kaplan: Stop Treating Business Model Innovation As Change Management
- Revenue Down 30 Percent Since Street Closures, Old Town Businesses Say
- Quintana Galleries Closing Its Doors After 42 Years of Business
- PSU Students React to President’s Compensation and For-Profit Business
- Portland Business Alliance Supports Banning Criminal History Check Box on Job Applications
- Portland Business Alliance Releases Economic Check-Up
- Organize + Energize: Organize Your Business Cards
- Organize + Energize: How Organized Was Your Business This Year?
- Oregonians Against Discrimination: Business Leaders Luncheon at OCC
- Oregon’s Business Rankings
- OTBC’s $100K Startup Challenge Assists Small Business Startups
- PCC SBDC Head Wins State Small Business Award
- Portland Business Alliance Looks at PDX as a Startup Hub on Wednesday
- Portland Business Alliance Accepting Applications for Small Business Program
- Portland Apparel Lab: Business Accelerator for Fashionistas
- SBA is Accepting Nominations for 2016 Small Business Week Awards
- Scott Bruun: Does Portland Really Want Your Business?
- The 14 Biggest Business Stories of 2014
- State Approves New Guidelines For Smarter Business Purchasing
- Startups Become Shrinking Portion of Oregon Business
- Small Business Profile: The Portland Rock Gym
- The 15 Biggest Business Stories of 2015
- The Five Types of Businesses With Most Complaints in Oregon
- Why Strip Clubs Should be Treated Like Any Other Business