NEW: Always Dreaming Wins 143rd Kentucky Derby
Saturday, May 06, 2017
After starting in the middle of the pack, jockey John Velazquez got Always Dreaming to the front after six furlongs.
He would go on to win the race by two furlongs ahead of Lookin at Lee who finished second. Battle of Midway finished third.
Always Dreaming came into the race as the co-favorite to win at 9-to-2 odds and becomes the fifth straight favorite to win the Derby.
The second leg of the Triple Crown, the Preakness Stakes, is set for May 20.
For more on the Derby, GoLocal teams with WalletHub.
- Tragic Kentucky Distillery Explosion Has Oregon Connection
- Portland Meadows To Host Kentucky Derby Party
- Nyquist Wins 142nd Kentucky Derby
- NCAA Tournament Preview: The Quest To Dethrone Kentucky
- Kentucky Clerk Ordered to Jail for Refusing to License Same-Sex Marriages