EDITORIAL: There is Only One Thing that Can Stop a Trump v. Clinton Match-Up
Thursday, February 25, 2016
Elections are about math. Either you have the votes or you don’t. Tuesday’s Democratic primary in South Carolina and the GOP caucus in Nevada have now decided who will be the nominees of each party.
Yes, there are most primaries and more votes to be cast, but the outcomes are decided.
With one X-Factor.
So many Democrats, independents and even a good amount of Republicans love Bernie Sanders’ message, consistency and and repudiation of Wall Street, but between super delegates and African-American support, Sanders can’t win the nomination.
In the GOP speeches after each primary Senators Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio constantly announce their victories during their concession speeches. The only problem is they have lost and sometimes quite badly — they seem to be the last to know.
After the New Hampshire primary and a third place finish, Cruz proclaimed, “That a conservative, we were told, could not do well in the state of New Hampshire. We were told that over and over again. And tonight, the men and women across this great state proved them wrong."
The Nevada caucus has officially ended the GOP race - Trump got nearly 50% of the vote and there was record turnout.
Trump beat the GOP party claim that he is capped at 30% of the primary vote.
Across the country, the Republicans have seen record turnouts in the primary and caucuses and juxtaposed with the Democrats who have recorded lack lustered turnout in the primaries and caucuses.
Make no mistake about it — this record GOP turnout is fueled by Trump’s candidacy.
The X Factor
The one potential and real detour to the this potentially dream contest between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump is the FBI investigation into her use of classified emails while serving as Secretary of State. Make no mistake about it, the top law enforcement organization in the country does not investigate a former Secretary of State of the President’s party, who is a leading candidate for President without some deep concerns about her behavior and potential violation of law.
Regardless, this is the best show going and it does not require logging onto StubHub to get a great seat.
Related Slideshow: Presidential Candidate’s Social Media - 2016
- Spotted In Portland: Mayor Hales Tweets About Hillary Clinton In Portland
- NEW: Clinton Outraises Sanders in Oregon By Nearly $40,000
- Hillary Clinton Says She Opposes Pacific Rim Trade Deal
- Clinton Outraises Sanders 12 to 1 in Oregon
- Buzzword Battle: “Hillary Clinton” Finishes Second to “America” in Most Mentioned in GOP Debate
- Weekly Roundup: Ted Cruz & Donald Trump Still Dominate Iowa & New Hampshire Polls
- What do Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump Have in Common?
- Jencunas: Trump - What the Clown Show Means for the Election
- Donald Trump, Ben Carson Lead GOP Polls
- Donald Trump and Immigration in the United States
- Don Roach: Donald Trump Thinks Syrian Refugees Plan to Coup America
- Donald Trump Announces Allegiance to Republican Party
- Donald Trump Announces Run For U.S. President in 2016
- Donald Trump Calls for Block on All Muslims Entering the U.S.
- 10 Ways Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump Are Actually Similar
- Trump & Sanders Win Big in New Hampshire
- Sarah Palin Endorses Trump for GOP Nomination