Portland Rent Prices Ranked 17th Highest in U.S.
Monday, May 01, 2017
“As we head into peak moving season, renters will be up against a higher apartment turnover rate. In such a crowded market over this upcoming summer, renters can look to median price data and other tools from Zumper to make the whole renting experience easier and more transparent,” said Zumper CEO Anthemos Georgiades.
-Overall, the Zumper National Rent Index showed that one bedroom median rent increased slightly by 0.5% to $1,169, while two bedroom median rent increased 1% to $1,390.
-Portland ranked as the 17th most expensive city to rent in the nation this month.
-The price of one bedroom units remained flat at $1,340, while two bedroom units fell 0.6% to $1,590.
Portland ranks behind Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and Providence, Rhode Island who rank 15th and 16th respectively.
Portland ranks ahead of Dallas, Texas, and Atlanta, Georgia who rank 18th and 19th respectively.
San Francisco, California has the highest rent prices, while Toledo, Ohio has the lowest rent prices.
National Rent Report
The Zumper National Rent Report analyzes rental data from over 1 million active listings across the United States.
Data is aggregated on a monthly basis to calculate median asking rents for the top 100 metro areas by population, providing a comprehensive view of the current state of the market.
The report is based on all data available in the month prior to publication.
- Portland’s 20 Hottest Neighborhoods for Real Estate
- Grants Pass Real Estate Agent to Run for Governor as Independent
- 55 Percent of Charlie Hales’ Political Contributions from Real Estate Industry
- See How Portland Ranks for Singles
- Portland Ranks the Worst for Women in Technology
- See How Portland Ranks for “Caring”
- See Where Portland Ranks for Halloween
- US News Names the “Best Place to Live” - See Where Portland Ranks
- Portland Ranks Poorly for Women Owned Businesses
- Portland Ranks Poorly for Retirees, Says New Study
- Portland Ranks Among Cities With Most White-Collar Jobs
- Portland Ranks 5th Most Friendly for EV, But Koch Brothers Threat is Emerging
- Portland Ranks Among Richest Cities in U.S.
- Portland Ranks as 3rd Best City in Country for Soccer Fans
- Portland Ranks Near the Bottom for Best Cities to Drive in
- Portland Ranks 11th in US Carfree Cities