Portland Named Best Tourism Destination in the U.S.
Friday, June 05, 2015
This is based on Resonance’s analysis of hundreds of thousands of ratings and reviews in social media channels.
“Destinations focus primarily on the quantity of visitors they receive each year, but maintaining a balance between quantity and quality is key to the long term sustainability and competitiveness of a tourism destination,” said Chris Fair, president of Resonance Consultancy.
The report analyzed the performance of 121 U.S. destinations in 17 different areas including lodging, culture, nightlife, shopping and outdoor activities.
"It is an honor to see Portland ranked as the best quality tourism destination in the nation," said Jeff Miller, president & CEO, Travel Portland. "We believe strongly in the experience that our Portland hospitality industry partners provide visitors.”
Related Slideshow: Top 5 Best U.S. Cities For A Destination Wedding On A Budget
Portland ranks No.1 on a list of the five best U.S. cities for a destination wedding on a budget, chosen by Cheapism.com. See what other cities made the list.
- Party Report: Oregon Actors Awards at BodyVox
- Portland Threads: Portland Fashion and Style Awards
- Recap: Portland Fashion and Style Awards
- U.S. Government Awards Oregon Homeless Agencies Over $26 Million in Grants
- Party Report: Albertina Kerr Community Awards Luncheon With Storm Large
- Arianna Huffington to Keynote Portland State Awards Dinner
- Neil Everett To Host The 63rd Annual Nike Oregon Sports Awards
- Leather Storrs: James Beard Awards and the Changing Culinary Industry
- 2015 Oregon Technology Awards Finalists Announced