Stand-Up Comedian Kirkman Coming to Portland’s Aladdin Theatre
Monday, July 31, 2017
Kirkman will be performing at the Aladdin Theatre on Thursday, September 7. Doors open at 7 p.m. and the show begins at 8 p.m.
Kirkman is a national and internationally touring stand-up comedian.
Her 2015 Netflix Original Comedy Special “I’m Gonna Die Alone (And I Feel Fine)” was named one of the Top 10 comedy specials of 2015 by Time Out New York, New York Magazine, and The Atlantic.
Her most recent Netflix Original Comedy Special, “Just Keep Livin’?” is streaming worldwide as of January 3rd, 2017.
She has released two stand-up albums Hail to the Freaks (released March 2011) which reached #13 on the Billboard Charts and her debut album was 2006’s Self Help.
Kirkman has a weekly podcast, I Seem Fun: The Diary of Jen Kirkman, which is ranked in the Top 100 in comedy on iTunes.
Along with her comedy, she is also a New York Times Bestselling author – her two comedic essay memoirs, I Can Barely Take Care of Myself and I Know What I’m Doing and Other Lies I Tell Myself; (Dispatches From a Life Under Construction) are looks at her life without children, and living a not-so-conventional life after 40.
Kirkman was a long time writer and round table guest on Chelsea Lately, and is also well known for being a five-time narrator of Central’s Drunk History.
She’s a regular guest on CONAN and Comedy Central's @Midnight.
She has also appeared on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, The View, The Wendy Williams Show, Harry, The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson and voiced several characters in the Cartoon Network hit “Home Movies.”
She’ll be appearing in the upcoming feature film “Home Again."
- Portland’s Curious Comedy Theatre Hosts Improv Showdown
- Maria Bamford Comes at the Helium Comedy Club
- Live Wire Partners With Bridgetown Comedy Festival For May 9th Show
- TBA Day Six: Jason Traeger Presents A Night of Stand-Up Comedy
- Test Tube Comedy Night at Helium
- The Liar: An Adaptation of 17th Century French Comedy
- Test Your Comedy Limits with the Dirty Dozen
- Josh Wolf at Helium Comedy Club
- Introducing The Wonderful Show on GoLocal - A New Comedy Series
- David Koechner Appears at Helium Comedy Club
- Bridgetown Comedy Festival Kicks Off Tonight
- Brian Posehn Hits the Helium Comedy Club
- Don Frost at the Helium Comedy Club
- Funny Humans at Helium Comedy Club
- Ian Karmel at the Helium Comedy Club
- Greg Behrendt Performs Valentine’s Show at Helium Comedy Club
- All Jane Comedy Festival Coming to Portland
- Grammy Winner Shawn Colvin at the Aladdin Theatre