Party Report: Morel Ink and PICA Holiday Parties
Saturday, December 13, 2014
This was the first year that Dickey held his annual holiday party at his publishing company, Morel Ink on Northeast 42nd Avenue. Not only was it a chance to highlight the work that Morel does on a daily basis, but also other 42nd Avenue businesses who offered up local treats including egg nog ice cream from Roses Ice Cream and cookies from Miss Zumsteins. Despite a strong storm that knocked out the power in neighboring areas, the lights were still bright enough on this avenue to attract over 250 people to the party.
On the same night PICA offered up a two-tiered evening of ceremony and celebration at their downtown Portland offices. After the announcement of the 2014 Precipice Fund Awards—a grants program supporting independent, collaborative, visual art projects in Portland—PICA kepT the festivities rolling with a year end party that featured wintery punches, seasonal bites, and the sounds of DJ Claudia Meza.
Banner photo: Angela Mattox at PICA Winter Fete. Photo by Byron Beck.
Related Slideshow: Party Report: Morel Ink & PICA Holiday Parties
Bill Dickey held his annual holiday party at Morel Ink to benefit the neighborhood organization, Our 42nd Avenue. The Portland Institute for Contemporary Art (PICA) held its year end Winter Fete that included the presentation of grants from the 2014 Precipice Fund.
- Party Report: Departure Five Year Anniversary Celebration
- Party Report: Celebrating Women in Culinary Arts on St. Catherine’s Day
- Party Report: Feast Parties Kick Into High Gear In Portland
- Party Report: Grand Opening for the Parker Building
- Party Report: GRIMM Cast at No Kid Hungry Dinner at Irving St. Kitchen
- Party Report: Holiday Trunk Show at Hair M/W
- Party Report: Olympic Provisions Celebrates 5th Anniversary
- Party Report: Ain’t Misbehavin’ Benefit for German American School
- Party Report: Back To The Garden With Pink Martini & Friends
- Party Report: Reese Witherspoon, Laura Dern Appear at Portland “Wild” Premiere
- Party Report: Roche Bobois Grand Opening
- Party Report: Public Invited to “Fun” Board Meeting at Director Park