slides: Party Report: Gina Noell’s Very Merry Holiday Soiree
Monday, December 22, 2014
It was a cold, rainy night back in '01 when a tiny group of people came to Gina Noell’s and Michael Cubbon’s first Holiday Soiree. Before long, though, the secret was out and the aptly-named Noell says their “soiree thing caught on like kittens on the internet. Only more select, better dressed, and rarely are there fleas.”
The party has become so popular over the years, they’ve even installed a doorman, like you see outside a nightclub, at the front door of their Northeast home.
See more photos of Gina Noell's Holiday Party below
Fact is, there are a lot of guests, most of them from the glittery local music and entertainment. Everyone from Dandy Warhol front-man Courtney Taylor-Taylor to acclaimed author Shawn Levy to Marychris Mass (yes, that really is the local costume designer's name) stopped by at this year's soiree.
Party-goers indulged in fab food, deep (and shallow) discussions and for the first time there were bartenders discreetly placed in the kitchen nook.
And as for the doorman? Gina explains: “We started getting a door man a few years into it. (Her hubby) Michael had come down with the flu the day of the party, too late to cancel it, so I quarantined him upstairs. By 3 a.m., I was sitting in the living room with the last 4 guests, all men, but only one of whom I knew. I decided then that I want to know who's in our house and started hiring a doorman. It's worked out great..Although one year, Scott McCaughey brought (musician and record producer) Steve Berlin, who wasn't on the list and the doorman nearly didn't let him in!”
Banner photo by Byron Beck.
Related Slideshow: Party Report: Gina Noell’s Very Merry Holiday Soiree
This was the thirteenth year for Gina Noell's and Michael Cubbon's Annual Holiday Party that attracts members of the music and entertainment industry to their Northeast home—complete with doorman.
- Party Report: Albertina Kerr Community Awards Luncheon With Storm Large
- Party Report: Back To The Garden With Pink Martini & Friends
- Party Report: Celebrating Women in Culinary Arts on St. Catherine’s Day
- Party Report: Departure Five Year Anniversary Celebration
- Party Report: Equity Foundation at University Club
- Party Report: Feast Parties Kick Into High Gear In Portland
- Party Report: GoLocalPDX Top 25 New Cool Party at Spirit of 77
- Party Report: GRIMM Cast at No Kid Hungry Dinner at Irving St. Kitchen
- Party Report: La Femme Wows Crowd (and Romanian Church-Goers) at Oregon Convention Center
- Party Report: Morel Ink and PICA Holiday Parties
- Party Report: Portland Film Festival Opening Night and Party
- Party Report: Portland’s Clown Wedding of the Century
- Party Report: Reese Witherspoon, Laura Dern Appear at Portland “Wild” Premiere