Portland Ranked as 2nd Best City for Beer Lovers
Sunday, November 05, 2017
“This city, which earned its name as a result of a coin flip – seriously – boasts the second highest number of Great American Beer Festival wins as well as the third highest number of bars per capita. It’s also the only spot in the US where you can drink a beer within the same city limits as a volcano,” writes Zumper about Portland.
In determining Portland’s ranking, Zumper notes that Portland has the second highest number of Great American Beer Festival wins, 111, and the third highest number of bars per capita with 1.2.
Portland by the Numbers:
- Breweries / pubs per capita: 1.2
- Wins at GABF: 111
- Average price per pint: $4.10
- Bars per capita: 66.8
- Median 1-bedroom rent: $1,341
1. Denver, Colorado
2. Portland, Oregon
3. Eugune, Oregon
4. Salt Lake City, Utah
5. Seattle, Washington
6. Rochester, New York
7. Fort Collins, Colorado
8. Cincinnati, Ohio
9. Portland, Maine
10. Billings, Montana
Jumper analyzed data from over 250 cities across the United States, narrowing down to the top 10, and weighed different factors like breweries per capita, medals won at the Great American Beer Festival, state beer tax, our rent data, and more.
- Portland Ranked 6th Best City for Beer Lovers in U.S.
- Portland Brewing Releases New Beer For Rose Festival
- Portland Second Most Expensive City to Buy Beer and Wine
- Rogue Ales & Spirits Announces Latest Beer “Dead N’ Dead”
- Rogue Ales Debuts Sportscaster Colin Cowherds Blunt N’ Bitter Beer
- Oregon’s Best Beer
- Oregon Named the Top State for Beer in the U.S.
- Old Town Brewing’s Award Winning Beer in Bottles
- Oregon At Top of Thrillist List for Beer and Topless Joints
- Oregon Brewers Festival Features 90 Different Beers, Kicks off with Parade
- Oregon Brewery Ranked 5th in the World by RateBeer.com
- Rogue Farms Creates Beer From Beehives
- Rogue’s “Right Hand of Doom” Beer Celebrates Hellboy’s 21st Anniversary
- Wyden Calls For Consumer Protections in Reported Beer Merger
- Your Guide to the Vegan Beer and Food Fest
- “Killer” Festival Celebrates Pumpkin Beer
- Vegan Beer & Food Fest Recap
- Travel Portland To Create 10 #PDXNOW Beers Debuting On January 24
- Strange Brew: Seven Beers That Are Just Plain Odd
- Taplister.com and EastBurn Host 4th Annual Rye Beer Fest