Five Things to Know About Portland’s ‘Son of a Biscuit’
Thursday, November 20, 2014
1. A rigid piece of white bread that nests the spicy chicken sops up grease and sauce and love. Make sure you save enough room to enjoy this pearl.
2. One of the side options is a dessert. In this case it's a bread pudding, but in general, dessert as side is an idea whose time has come.
3. There’s fish sauce in the mac and cheese. And Fort George lager, Chinese 5 spice and Aleppo pepper. It works.
4. The old-school biscuits (simply flour, salt, leavening, butter and buttermilk with a post-bake drizzle of honey) are stalwart: hard exterior, soft interior. The Rocky Balboa of biscuits.
5. Generally no wait during prime time.
Son of a Biscuit is located at 2045 SE Division St., Portland, OR 97202.
- DIY Foodie Gifts For the Holidays: Herb Butters
- Thrillist Names Ava Gene’s One of Nation’s Top Italian Restaurants
- SE Division St. Among 10 Hottest Food Neighborhoods in U.S.